Running is a great activity for general health. You can raise your heart rate and get a superb boost of cardio. You don’t need much by the way of equipment for running but you certainly need a good pair of running shoes. Before choosing a pair of shoes, though, you must first understand the types of feet you have. This is because if you don’t get the perfect shoe types for your feet, you may find the running not as easy as it should have been.
This article is dedicated to helping people to get the best running shoes for flat feet.
Top 20 Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet Reviewed
1. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 15 Shoe
The GTS 15 is a smooth, lightweight running shoe and quite simply one of the best running shoes for women with flat feet. The design has recently been updated to ensure better comfort and stability. They still have the same responsiveness and cushioning of the Adrenaline GTS line. You can enjoy maximum support every step of the way with these awesome shoes.
Benefits And Features Of The Pair Of Shoe
- Smooth Transitioning: Caterpillar Crash pad allows for smoother and easier heel-to-toe transitions. This is made possible through full ground contact
- Flexibility: Natural movement is enhanced by the Omega Flex Grooves that offer maximum flexibility and optimum fluidity. As a result, you won’t even feel as if you have worn shoes
- Optimum Support: This is the main reason for the updating and release of these shoes on to the market. They offer maximum support for any flat-footed runner. This is due to the adjustable saddle design that has been incorporated into the shoe’s construction
- Breathability and Hygiene: It comes with an upper mesh construction and breathable element lining that allows maximum air circulation and moisture wicking thus keeping the feet drier, cooler and healthy
- It is a bit tighter than its predecessor
For any woman who is a flat-footed runner, the GTS 15 would make a smart choice. The stability and comfort together with the responsiveness and cushioning make it not just a great running accessory but also the best walking shoes for women with flat feet.
2. New Balance Leadville 1210
The New Balance Leadville 1210 are extremely comfortable pair of shoes for a wide range of feet including flat feet. The incredible amount of cushioning is perfect for anyone with flat feet. The main selling point of this brand is the Revlite foam that is placed under the foot-bed. This is a very lightweight cushioning material that delivers comfort, responsiveness, and durability.
Benefits And Special Features Of The Shoes
- Cushioning and Comfort: The shoes feature a large amount of durable Revlite cushioning for maximum comfort and staying power
- Proper fit and Arch Support” They come with non-intrusive medial posts that feature dual density foam. This helps in preventing your arch from collapsing when you are running
- Maximum Protection: Features a seamless upper that offers great protection, provides additional support and prevents irritation
- Quality Construction: They are highly durable with a wide toe box and offer solid long lasting cushioning for support and comfort
- They may be a little bit too roomy for some people
- You have been looking for the best pair of running shoes for your flat feet. You are an athletic or sports enthusiast who needs maximum support and comfort on your feet to boost your running spirits and reduce your risks of injury and blisters. Why look further than the New Balance Leadville 1210. This is the ultimate solution to your flat feet issue.
3. Saucony Women’s Guide 7 Running Shoe
This is yet another high-quality pair of shoe for running or walking. Stability is its main selling point. These are often grouped among the best running shoes for women with flat feet.
Benefits And Features Of The Shoes
- Advanced Cushioning System: It comes with PowerGrid full-length cushioning that provides you with optimal comfort, support, protection and shock absorption
- Foot Health and Hygiene:With a HydraMAX moisture-wicking system in the shoe’s collar, maximum comfort is guaranteed both when putting on and removing the shoes with no nasty smells
- Shock Absorption: It features an XT-900 carbon rubber outsole, a Dual-density midsole, a ComfortLite sock liner and an SRC impact zone, all of which work together to absorb shock and maximize your comfort
- Performance:This pair of shoes offers the best performance for flat-footed people. As well as running and walking, these could even become the best work shoes for flat feet.
- At first, the heel can seem narrow
- Flat feet require maximum support and that is why this shoe proves to be one of the best for the flat-footed women. In fact, it has specifically been designed for this class of people. This shoe would make a valuable addition to your shoe rack.
4. ASICS Men’s GEL-Kayano 22 Running Shoe
This is a revolutionized ASICS series that has set a benchmark in the shoes for running category. The product features a new FluidRide system which increases shock absorption and cushioning by 20% while reducing the weight by 15%. It also features the legendary ASICS cushioning system that offers the ultimate comfort together with another fascinating technology, the Impact Guidance System. These are among the best quality running shoes for flat feet.
Benefits And Features Of The Shoes
- Perfect Shock Absorption: Numerous shock absorption features leading to maximum comfort whatever the conditions
- Optimum Cushioning: Superb cushioning with forefoot & Rearfoot GEL cushioning. This eases the impact on your feet
- Natural Ride: It comes with an Impact Guidance System which is a complex feature that enhances the natural transitioning from heel strike all the way to the toe-off resulting in a more stable path
- Quality Construction: The pair of are finely constructed. The upper is virtually seamless but strong enough to offer you maximum stability and support
- These shoes can make an irritating slap sound when the sole hits the asphalt
- It comes with rather a narrow toe
- This is yet another ideal choice of footwear for people with flat feet. ASICS provide maximum support and optimum stability. The product comes with a dual-density midsole for optimum performance. In a nutshell, this pair of shoes gives you stable and supportive running.
5. Adidas Performance Women’s Ultra Boost Running Shoe
These are the best running shoes for flat footed women. Though a rare occurrence for runners with flat feet to have neutral or under pronation, it is important to consider even small market segments and Adidas does just that. They come in almost any color and are a wonderful package of elegance and performance.
Benefits And Special Features
- Taste and Elegance: This pair of shoes comes in a wide range of colors
- Boost Cushioning: The main USP is the cushioning. Boost energy-returning properties guarantee comfort and support whether you are walking, running or playing
- Lightweight Construction: Comes with an STRECHWEB rubber outsole that’s elastic and very lightweight
- Best Flat Feet Performance: Comes with a TORSION system that boosts the midfoot integrity. This is a 3-striped mold torsion system that features a heel counter to offer optimum heel lug and heel counter
- Very expensive
- They are quite too mushy to some people thus making their feet roll around
- These are women’s running shoes that offer comfort and support for neutral flat feet female runners. The incredible energy-returning cushioning system used in the construction, the breathability, flexibility and supportive fit all come together to offer you one of the best walking shoes for flat feet women.
6. ASICS GEL-Foundation 12 Running Shoe
This pair are available for men and women offering a support base for the feet of flat feet runners. This is a tried and tested running shoe with great support on even difficult terrain. For flat feeted runners, ASICS are always a wise choice of footwear.
Benefits And Special Features
- Maximum Comfort: Comes with the ComforDry wicking sock liner that complements the forefoot & Rearfoot GEL cushioning for supreme comfort
- Best Performance for Overpronators: The shoes have been designed with moderate to severe overpronators in mind
- Sleeker Construction: Sleek, seamless construction with less overlay material preventing blistering and irritation in the feet
- Maximum Support and Versatility: The shoes itself already offer great support but the fact that it is versatile enough to accommodate orthotics means that they are even more versatile
- Flexibility and Responsiveness: It comes with a durable guidance line flex outsole that ensures flexibility and responsiveness when on the move
- The mesh is a bit flimsy and doesn’t offer maximum ventilation
This pairs of shoes have been designed to prioritize comfort They are just about the best walking shoes for flat feet types.
7. Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 11 Running Shoe
The Men’s Wave Inspire 11 are a fine pair of lightweight sports shoes. They’ll give you maximum support and are extremely comfortable. Mizuno have a long heritage of producing great shoes for sports.
Special Features And Benefits Of The Shoes
- Lightweight Construction: Its lightweight midsole boosts performance
- Absolute Comfort: Comes with great shock absorption and comfort technologies such as the enhanced sock liner
- Proper Fit and Construction: Designed with an internal straps system that hugs the feet securely
- Vegan Construction: Features a 3D upper design and a synthetic sole for those who avoid leather products
- Laces too short and too thick
- Comes with an irritating label sticker
- The rich heritage associated with Mizuno is in itself reason enough to trust this brand. Since 1906 Mizuno has been going strong. With the Wave Inspire 11 for men, Mizuno continues to deliver.
8. New Balance Men’s M860sb4
In the New Balance M860sb4, you get stability, cushioning and shock absorption all working together to give you a great experience. These are among the best running shoes and also the best basketball shoes for flat feet. They’re versatile. They have excellent breathability features and some of the best technologies incorporated to ensure maximum comfort, support, and responsiveness without sacrificing on weight.
Benefits And Special Features Of The Shoes
- Maximum Comfort: These shoes have been designed with an ACTEVA LITE midsole which offers maximum comfort while also making the pair of shoes as lightweight as possible
- Great Support: The extra cushioning results in the best performance for flat feet types offering the torsion stability and support needed
- Responsiveness: They have a special T-Beam engineered construction and ABZORB crash pad that allows for enhanced motion control together with heel stability
- Durability: All the materials are built to last and you’ll get awesome traction on all surfaces
- Not for the wide footed
- Limited color choices
- The New Balance 860v4 is yet another great pair of shoes we would recommend to any athlete with flat feet. If you want shoes that will deliver crucial torsion stability when you are on the move, along with first-rate cushioning, check out these great sneakers.
9. Mizuno Wave Paradox 2
The Mizuno Wave Paradox offers you the best cushioning and support possible and they are perfect for overpronators. There is a very responsive Wave band, extending all the way from heel to the midfoot. This is then capped off with the great shock absorbing U4iC technology. And the shoe’s aesthetics are superb.
Benefits And Special Features Of The Shoes
- Absolute Cushioning and Support: This pair of shoes comes with some internal stability features solving overlay issues and giving maximum support for flat feet
- Aesthetics: As well as being the best tennis shoes for flat feet, these look great too
- Comfort: They have a padded collar & tongue, enhanced cushioning, and a soft breathable upper mesh. Combined with a rubber sole, these shoes put comfort at a premium
- Quality Construction: These Mizuno are built to last
- A bit expensive
- Under size issues
- These are shoes designed for runners, tennis players and for brisk walking. They are supportive, lightweight and make for a great running experience.
10. Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 15 Running Shoe, Black / Anthracite
These Brooks are principally designed for the flat-footed overpronators. These sneakers come with a unique Progressive Diagonal Rollbar that is meant to keep your foot from rolling inwards. With a BioMoGo DNA midsole, you’ll get an environmentally friendly comfort.
Benefits And Special Features
- Secure Fit and Performance: The Progressive Diagonal Rollbar keeps your feet from rolling inward so prevents the chance of injury when you are running
- Transition and Responsiveness: The Extended Caterpillar Crash Pad gives great heel-to-toe transition. The Omega Flex Groves allow for natural fluidity and movement of the forefoot
- Durability: The outsole is constructed from HPR Plus that offers long-lasting durability in even difficult terrain
- Maximum Support: The adjustable saddle design complements its stability
- Quality Construction: Comes with some element linings that offer breathability and enhances moisture wicking thus keeping your shoes fresh and long lasting and also keeping your feet drier and cooler
- Its toe box is a little too narrow
- You can buy any of these running shoes for flat feet with confidence. Focus on your specific needs and get the best fit.
11. Nike LunarGlide 7
A lightweight yet superiorly stabilized running shoes is surely what you need to provide ample support for your flat feet. If you prefer these characteristics, Nike offers remarkable running shoes for your needs. With Nike LunarGlide 7, you will surely perform efficiently without having to worry about the effects of flat feet. Supportive shoes do not always result to heavy shoes.
Optimal traction and durability work together as Nike integrates their pressure-mapped outsoles on these running shoes. Pressure mapping aims to provide traction and durability especially on wear-prone areas of the outsoles. Since it is efficiently made using carbon rubber and EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) foam, the weight of the outsoles is reduced to support the lightweight features of these running shoes. Hence, lightweight shoes do not always result to short-lived shoes.
Nike integrates their Lunarlon midsoles for this running shoes. With Lunarlon, you’ll expect a 30% lighter weight of midsoles than common midsoles sold today. You won’t feel the same painful pressures as you had with your other running shoes since Lunarlon allows even distribution of impact throughout your feet. Lastly, Lunarlon midsoles are designed for softness through its ultra-plush cushioning leading to lightweight yet resilient characteristics. The midsoles will further contribute to the support your feet needs and to a higher springy response as you do your running activity.
Aside from the Lunarlon technology of Nike, the flex grooves of the midsoles are designed to cater your natural motion. It alleviates your forefoot pain through enhancement of flexion throughout your toe and foot joints.
The uppers of these running shoes are made with Nike’s Flyknit® fabric and seamless mesh. Nike has managed to remove the midfoot sleeve while maintaining significant features for the uppers of these shoes. Flyknit® was made as a motivation to produce featherweight, formfitting, and seamless uppers. You’ll expect at least 19% lighter weight of uppers than common uppers sold today. Upon wearing these shoes, you will feel a snug fit and feel like the uppers are your second skin, thus unnoticeable. This is truly an innovation on Nike’s side as integrated on LunarGlide 7.
What’s even more amazing about Flyknit® fabric is its optimization of breathability. You’ll have cool and dry feet throughout your running activity through reduced perspiration. Less perspiration also leads to fewer blisters. So no more worrying of pains and blisters after your running activity as you wear Nike’s LunarGlide 7.
- Superior stability
- Breathable Flyknit® fabric
- Lunarlon midsoles
- Visually appealing
- Less traction on wet surfaces
- Flyknit® fabric might be too stiff
12. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 seems to be the most affordable among the competition. Yet it still brings the power of serious stability and cushioned ride for you. With these running shoes, you will be able to receive a good support and proper cushioning for your flat feet condition. In any case, flat feet shoes must always support your feet.
Brooks designed the outsoles of these shoes with blown rubber. During the production, the outsoles are expanded or mixed with air. This process gives off a lightweight and cushioned properties of the outsole. If you prefer flexibility, blown rubber is able to achieve your preference. Overall, blown rubber for you to feel a lightweight ride, flexible steps, and comfortable fit.
If the durability of the outsoles is your concern, Brooks managed to integrate their HPR Plus outsole technology. Wear-prone areas of the outsoles will be optimized for long-lasting durability. In return, you will be able to enjoy a longer life span for these running shoes.
Every step of your run will be adapted dynamically through the integration of BioMoGo DNA on the midsole. You will experience an extremely smooth transition from heel to toe. You will never feel the same pain you had with common shoes. The full-length crash pad provides proper cushioning and shock absorption which reduces the possible painful impacts you might receive on your run.
Aside from BioMoGo DNA, the Diagonal Rollbar added on the midsoles makes these running shoes ideal for your flat feet condition. It assists and supports your feet as you go in contact with the ground.
Brooks uses an innovative 3D Fit Print process for producing the uppers of these running shoes. Primarily, the uppers are made with flexible mesh uppers which offer breathability and structural support for your feet. Added on the uppers are the reflective designs which you might enjoy as you run at dawn or twilight.
If you prefer an extra eyelet than the common shoes sold around, then these running shoes are surely good for you. With the extra eyelet, you will achieve an optimal heel lock which further prevents the formation of blisters.
As observed, these running shoes provide 30% more cushioning than common shoes available on the market. This addition in cushioning enables you to feel more energy return. As you do your lively running pace, these running shoes provide an overall performance efficiency regardless of your weight and your running style.
- Soft for your underfoot
- Promotes natural alignment of your body
- Durable and long-lasting
- Extremely comfortable
- Extra eyelet
- Possible sizing issues (factory defects)
- Forefoot and midsole platform might be stiff on first use
13. Saucony Guide 9
With Saucony Guide 9, you will be able to receive a support and stability your feet needs. These running shoes are delivers efficient performance on paved surfaces. Surely, its reliability and responsiveness will satisfy your running needs despite the flat feet condition you have.
Saucony integrates their Injection Blown Rubber (IBR+) Technology which contributes to a reduced weight of the outsoles. It is significantly lighter than standard blown rubbers. Even if it reduces the weight, it further enhances cushioning which offers an improved response on your ride. The outsoles are coated with XT-900 premium carbon rubber for an added traction and durability for these running shoes. Lastly, the outsoles have a Flex Groove technology to promote flexibility of the shoes. As you wear these shoes, your feet will bend and move naturally while gaining an enhanced running performance.
One of the characteristics of the midsoles of these shoes is its sufficient shock cushioning. Thanks to the EVERUN technology of Saucony. With EVERUN, you’ll enjoy a flexible running experience since energy return is promoted on the midsoles. The midsoles also utilize SSL EVA (Saucony SuperLite Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) foam which maximizes energy rebound, enhances durability, and reduces weight when paired with EVERUN technology. Lastly, the heel crash pad of the midsoles absorbs shocks every time you land your feet on the ground while maintaining a smooth heel-to-toe transition. Thus, the midsoles are designed for you to enjoy your run with high energy and flexibility without compromising the weight of the shoes.
To keep your feet secure and away from odor and moisture, these running shoes integrates the FlexFilm technology on the uppers of the shoes. Though the uppers are kept lightweight, it maintains durability needed for a longer use. Also, it offers a seamless and flexible property for the shoes.
The collar lining of the uppers integrates a RunDry feature to further wick the moisture away from your feet. Plus, it secures your heel and you will feel a plushy comfort as you wear these shoes.
When it comes to the shape of the upper, Saucony uses the ComfortLite Sock Liner elements. The uppers are contoured carefully to reduce the pressure towards your forefoot while maintaining a soft and secure fit.
In case you have used the previous Saucony Guide shoes, you will experience greater traction, enhanced flexibility, and lively ride with this 9th series.
- Responsive and shock-absorbing EVERUN midsole
- High breathability
- Eye-catching color selection
- Reliable stability
- Heel area might be too large
- The rear fabrics might irritatingly rub against your skin
14. Brooks Beast 14
When it comes to motion control and stability, Brooks Beast 14 is one of the best for both categories. It further provides adequate support and cushioning for your flat feet condition. It also has a flat foot bed recommended for flat feet. These shoes seem to be an ideal match for your flat feet together with more remarkable features.
If you are looking for an impressive traction both on dry and wet surfaces, Brooks Beast 14 fits your preference well. Thanks to their HPR Green Rubber material used on the outsoles of these running shoes. Aside from traction, the HPR rubber aims to enhance resistance against abrasions. Brooks designed the heel section with denser HPR rubber since it is the most vulnerable section for wears. You’ll expect to use these running shoes for a long time.
Brooks incorporates the Flextra rubber material on the outsoles as well. With Flextra, your running characteristics will be adapted well. Regardless of your weight and your movement, the outsoles remain flexible as if the shoes were designed only for you.
Brooks uses their environment-friendly BioMoGo material for the midsoles. Together with the Progressive Diagonal Rollbar, flat feet users of these running shoes experience a remarkable enhancement on their running performance and comfort. If other flat feet users experience it, there’s a high chance for you to experience the same as well.
BioMoGo material, together with Brooks’ Segmented Crash Pad, is responsible for you to experience an extremely smooth transition from heel to toe. You will never feel the same pain you had with common shoes. The Progressive Diagonal Rollbar is responsible for assisting and supporting your feet as you go in contact with the ground. The midsoles also have a full-length DNA cushioning gel which improves response to your motion regardless of your movement, weight, and pace. The midsoles are carefully designed to put up the proper cushioning you need without compromising the performance and response of the shoes to your running needs.
The uppers of these running shoes are designed to be harmonious with the BioMoGo DNA midsoles. You will experience the utmost cushioning and stability you need. Moreover, the uppers are made with lightweight breathable mesh which produces a good moisture management, moisture resistance, and durability.
- Moisture management
- Moisture Resistance
- Midsole adapts to your needs
- Impressive stability
- Expensive pricing
- Narrow fit might not be ideal for wide feet
15. Saucony Omni 13
Since good support and stability is necessary for your running shoes, Saucony Omni 13 is designed to cater your needs. Its stability will not compromise the weight of this shoes. It is also wide enough to provide more foams, making it satisfying for your flat feet condition. When you need extra heel support, ankle support, and overall protection, this shoes is recommended for you.
Saucony integrates their Injection Blown Rubber (IBR+) Technology which greatly reduces the weight of the outsoles. When analyzed, IBR is significantly lighter than standard blown rubbers. Even if the weight is greatly reduced, cushioning is not compromised. Cushioning is furthermore optimized to provide a good response to your motion. You will a bounce back instead of a hard hit towards the ground every time your feet comes in contact with the surface. Overall, IBR+ Technology contributes to the comfort you need. The traction of the outsoles works best when you are running on a smooth surface.
When Saucony designed the outsoles of these running shoes, it is generally thick. Yet, the thickness becomes more concentrated towards the heel section of the outsoles. The purpose of this design is to concentrate more shock absorption on the high-pressure areas of the heel. Thus, you will feel less impact every time you land your feet.
The midsoles of these running shoes are made with dual-density EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) foam. It is the most advanced EVA blend to further enhance the rebound and durability of the midsoles without forsaking the lightweight feature of the shoes. Dual-density EVA foam also provides a good heel-to-toe transition and balance on your gait. As you run, you will experience a balanced comfort and running efficiency.
Saucony integrates their GRID technology in the midsoles to further assist the benefits of dual-density EVA foam. When this two combine, pressure is distributed properly throughout your feet which result in a good and responsive run on your part.
If you are particularly irritated with stitched uppers, these running shoes will surely prevent such irritations. The uppers of these running shoes are made of thick comfortable mesh with lesser stitching compared to common running shoes. Lesser stitching results to lesser irritation and an enjoyable running activity. Saucony also integrates the RUNDRY Moisture Wicking Technology. As you do your run, your feet will feel clean and dry while the sweat is wicked away.
- Thick rubber outsoles
- RUNDRY moisture wicking technology
- Removable dual-density EVA foam
- Remarkably lightweight midsoles; generally lightweight shoes
- Breathable and comfortable
- Might be narrow for your feet
- Might wear out quickly than standard shoes
16. Asics GEL-DS Trainer 21
If you are looking for a good balance of speed, comfort, support, and running efficiency, Asics GEL-DS Trainer 21 is definitely what you need. These running shoes belong to a mid-stability category which is good for your flat feet condition. It is remarkable for versatility since the design of the shoes fits well for distinct types of runners with various feet types and running styles. But the performance of the shoes shows best when you are running on a road.
Asics combines the AHAR® (Asics High Abrasion Resistant) Rubber, DuraSponge®, and DuoSole® within the outsoles of these running shoes. Though these 3 have specific contributions for the outsoles, they generally enhance durability and traction.
AHAR® obviously improves the abrasion resistance property of the outsoles. As analyzed, AHAR® provides twice the abrasion resistance you get from standard rubbers. It also renders 50% lesser weight than standard outsoles. The rubber material used from car tires is the same material used for AHAR® with an addition of reinforcing materials. Overall, AHAR® enhances abrasion resistance, increases durability, and improves slip resistance.
DuraSponge® provides proper cushioning on your motion, especially on toe-off phase. You will also feel a responsive and flexible ride while maintaining traction and protection as you move.
DuoSole® renders a lightweight external layer of the outsoles. It also assists the rubber materials of the outsoles for an improved efficiency. This technology preserves the traction, flexibility, and durability performed by the shoes.
Asics use Solyte® technology as the main midsole platform of these running shoes. Solyte® improves the bounce back characteristics of your motion with better shock reduction and durability. It also has an adequate cushioning and responsiveness while maintaining the lightweight characteristic of the shoes.
The midsoles have a lot of additions aside from Solyte® technology. First, the front and rear part of the midsole platform has an additional gel cushion inserts. Second, the efficiency of your gait is improved through Asics Guidance Line technology. Third, the Impact Guidance System provides a smoother heel-to-toe transition. Lastly, the Trusstic System technology enhances the propulsion phase of your motion.
Asics GEL-DS Trainer 21 competes with seamless uppers with breathable lining. The outer edge of your feet will have a consistent air supply. Together with the ComfoDry Sock Liner, your feet will surely feel cool and dry throughout your running activity. The uppers also utilize the Heel Clutching System to improve slip resistance and a better fit for your feet.
- Comfortable even without socks
- Secure and comfortable fit
- Effective grip and traction
- Available in one color only
- Uppers might wear out quickly than standard
- Forefoot area might be too narrow
17. Mizuno Wave Catalyst
If you prefer a mild underfoot support, then Mizuno Wave Catalyst must suit your need. It has a dependable durability and sufficient cushioning. On its physical appearance, it is appealing to most people. Overall, these running shoes will enhance your running performance.
Mizuno uses their X10 compound for the outsoles. With X10 compound, you’ll experience an impressive ground traction and satisfying outsole durability. The compound is designed to be denser on wear-prone areas – the heel and toe sections – which promotes pressure distribution and proper cushioning for your underfoot. Overall, you’ll experience a consistent and comfortable motion throughout your running activity.
The midsoles of these running shoes seem to be a significant highlight among all. Starting with the foam, Mizuno seems to be euphoric with the production of Wave Catalyst as they introduce the U4ic midsole foam which is new at the time these shoes was released. U4ic foam balances the softness, firmness, and responsiveness on the midsoles. Since you severely need stability for your flat feet, Mizuno designed a wider base for these midsoles.
The wave plate attached to the midsole adds a unique appearance for the shoes. While it looks like a mere art, it serves a real purpose. The wave plate aims to maximize the cushioning and support of the midsoles.
Breathability and comfort seem to be a necessity for the uppers of all running shoes. Mizuno precisely caters this necessity through the use of Airmesh material. The uppers are also stitched to ensure a secure fit but not too constrictive. Mizuno also includes their DynaMotion Fit technology which follows the motion of your feet, further secures your feet, and eliminates unnecessary bunching, pulling and sliding off your feet. Overall, the uppers of these running shoes will improve your running experience.
When it comes to the durability of the shoes, Mizuno Wave Catalyst can be your reliable long-term companion. The materials used on the shoes won’t wear down quickly, which puts these running shoes ahead of the competition. You can expect to use these running shoes on a longer time regardless of season changes.
- Airmesh keep your feet cool and dry
- High stretchability of the uppers
- Available in varied widths
- Dependable durability
- High performance
- Slightly expensive pricing
- Not lightweight
18. Asics GT-2000 4
If you are looking for moderate stability and excellent midfoot support, Asics GT-2000 4 is the answer for your need. Asics produced these shoes as a motivation to provide moderate stability to the increasing numbers of runners having flat feet condition. These running shoes are also more supportive compared to previous iterations of Asics. With proper cushioning for your feet, these highlight features are delivered well for your feet.
Asics designed these running shoes with lots of additions on the outsoles to better optimize your running experience. First, the Gel Cushioning System is used in the rearfoot and forefoot sections. You will feel comfortable with the proper cushioning executed for your heel and forefoot. It also reduces the shocks and impacts your experience every time your feet comes in contact with the ground.
Next, the Guidance Trusstic System and the Guidance Line is used to enhance your gait cycle which also provides superior comfort and support for your feet. The Guidance Trusstic System further enhances the mechanical and structural stability, strengthens the arch, and reduces the weight of the shoes. Lastly, the Personal Heel Fit technology and the Heel Clutching System ensures a perfectly secure fit for your heels while you are running.
Asics has this innovative FluidRide technology integrated on the midsoles. With FluidRide, your feet will receive lesser strains from impacts and your running performance will be improved. This is made possible by incorporating shock absorption, lightweight characteristic, and energy rebound together in one structure. Thanks to Asics research team for coming up with a midsole dual-layer structure which makes all of these features possible. The midsole also comes with Dynamic DuoMax System which corrects your posture while providing the proper cushioning and comfort. With this system, your arch will be lifted to achieve a natural position on the ground which is really helpful for your flat feet.
Asics primarily employs an open mesh material for the uppers of these running shoes. This allows proper breathability for your feet, preventing overheats and sweats. You will also feel comfortable as your wear these shoes since it hugs your feet properly. If you are worrying about smelly feet after a run, the Comfort Dry Sock Liner ensures to repel odor-causing microorganisms. Even on your toughest run, these shoes will surely be your reliable companion considering all the features mentioned above.
- Great for long runs
- Wide selection of colors and styles
- Maximized stability
- Strong and durable
- Responsive cushioning system
- Features might limit the flexibility
- Toe box might be too narrow
19. Mizuno Wave Inspire 11
Mizuno Wave Inspire 11 have been pleasing runners with flat feet conditions lately. It executes high support for your feet without adding too much weight on the shoes. Also, it has a remarkable arch and heel support which gives off the utmost comfort you need. These running shoes are categorized on stability shoes. Stability is offered well to every part of your feet which makes these shoes a good choice for flat-footed runners.
Mizuno uses their X10 carbon rubber on the general outsole platform except on the heel section. With X10 carbon rubber, you’ll experience an impressive ground traction and satisfying outsole durability. The compound is designed to be denser on wear-prone areas, specifically the toe section, to promote pressure distribution and proper cushioning for your underfoot.
Overall, you’ll experience a consistent and comfortable motion throughout your running activity.
The midsoles of these running shoes seem to be a significant highlight among all. Starting with the foam, Mizuno seems to be euphoric with the production of Wave Inspire 11 as they integrate the U4ic midsole foam. U4ic foam is significantly better than Mizuno’s previous AP+ foam. While U4ic foam still inherits the responsiveness, durability, and flexibility of AP+ foam, it is observed to be lighter among the two. U4ic foam aims to balance the softness, firmness, and responsiveness on the midsoles. Since you severely need stability for your flat feet, Mizuno designed a wider base for these midsoles.
The SR touch technology of Mizuno further enhances the ability of the midsoles. With SR touch, your feet will receive lesser shocks even on your toughest run. It also keeps the transition from your heel to toe smooth and fast with its efficient energy rebound property. All of these are made possible with the advanced lightweight cushioning employed by Mizuno on the midsoles.
Wave 11 looks fresh and appealing physically even if it was constructed traditionally.
The Runbird logo is sewn on the medial and lateral parts of the shoes. While it just looks like a mere design, it contributes to an improved fit of the shoes for your feet.
You will also notice an oval hole mesh throughout the uppers. This will significantly enhance the breathability of your shoes for you to have a cool and enjoyable ride. Also, the lining has been refined to a finely woven material together with OrthoLite Sockliner which provides a softer feeling for your feet.
- Radically improved fit of the uppers
- Appreciable rear foot stability
- Light and flexible
- Proper cushioning and support
- Soft and comfortable
- Break-in time might be needed to optimize the performance
- Forefoot section might be too tight
20. New Balance Vazee Prism
There are user experiences where stability shoes offer more pain than benefits. While these running shoes are technically categorized for stability, its support features may be too subtle to notice. If you find stability shoes not working well for your flat feet condition, these running shoes with subtle support may do well for you.
A good mix of lightness, flexibility, and stability is offered well by New Balance Vazee Prism. These running shoes come off with a superior comfort, matchless transitions, and precise performance you need for your running activity.
New Balance uses a mixture of carbon rubber on the wear-prone sections of the outsoles. Blown rubber is further fabricated on the forefoot section to enhance the traction of your running experience while providing a proper cushioning for your feet. With an added flex grooves, you’ll experience a necessary flexibility with these running shoes.
New Balance integrates the REVLite technology within the midsoles of these running shoes. REVLite is known to be an innovative foam compound which is significantly lighter than standard foams while maintaining the responsive and durability characteristics. A lightweight ride is possible with REVLite without compromising the construction, cushioning, and stability offered by the midsoles.
When REVLite technology is paired with the traditional medial post, it gives off a good efficiency for your flat feet condition. With these two features, you’ll experience a proper blend of firmness, softness, and support as you do your run.
The major portion of the uppers of these running shoes utilizes an open mesh which maximizes the breathability within. This is essential if you are greatly disturbed with moisture and overheating throughout your run. If you are further irritated with the fabric rubbing against your skin, New Balance solves the problem by using a no-sew construction. The fabric will not cause any irritations, pains, and blisters on your skin.
The uppers come with heated overlays which deliver a lightweight support and structure. It also has a heel support which is not too stiff. This allows natural movement for your feet while enhancing slip resistance. Overall, these running shoes will hug your feet snugly. You’ll feel comfortable even on a tough run.
- Right mix of flexibility and stability
- Right mix of firmness and responsiveness
- Good for all-day and everyday use
- Less risk of forming blisters
- Breathable uppers
- Uppers might be worn out quickly
- Uppers might not secure the midfoot well
- Not efficient on wet pavements
Factors To Consider When Choosing Good Running Shoes For Flat Feet
Think carefully before you get your shoes so you don’t get something unfit for purpose. These are some important considerations to think about…
- Understanding The Dynamics Of Your Flat Feet
There are instances when flat foot runners suffer from other foot related issues as well. One of such issues is overpronation. This implies that the feet may tend to roll inwards way too much as the user runs or walks. As a result, you will need a lot of support and advanced shoe technologies that will help in the reduction of such occurrences. As you look for the best shoes for your flat feet, you must, therefore, understand whether your feet have overpronation, moderate pronation, minimum pronation or no pronation at all. This can really guide you to make the best decisions as most of the shoes fall clearly under such categories.
- Do The Shoes Offer The Right Support & Stability For Flat Feet?
These are among the most important factors that govern the performance of running shoes for flat feet. A person with flat feet will not be as stable unless they get the best possible support for their feet. In fact, if you have flat feet, the most important factor you should consider is the support that a pair of shoes in question offers. No wonder, stability is an industry standard term used in the categorization of running shoes that are designed to help solve overpronation issues.
- Optimum Stability
Shoes that are characterized by stability will always come with dense foam incorporated underneath the arch. If you have an arch that has the potential of collapsing while you are on the move, go for shoes that have polyurethane materials incorporated in the arch. This creates more support and stability. Such shoes are also credited for having the potential of limiting the excess motion resulting from the feet thereby helping the runners with flat feet to move with the highest degree of efficiency. It is important to mention that stability running shoes are usually less bulky than motion-control shoes. And what are motion control shoes anyway?
- Motion Control
These are shoes that come with a bump that is constructed using a hard material. This bump is placed on where your arch is meant to be. These shoes are almost the same as stability shoes as they borrow construction principles from each other. Special construction care is placed on the upper unit together with the sole unit. This is opposed to the stability running shoes, which only gives the sole maximum stability care and attention. The control shoes end up providing the user with support features, such as a straightener function or the stiff heels, thus countering any instances of overpronation. If you suffer from overpronation, motion control is a must-have consideration.
- What About Their Grip?
The best pair of running shoes will definitely offer you a good grip while you are on the road. You already have a problem that is a concern to you and you therefore not want to add other grip concerns to your already flat feet concerns. Due to the instability that comes with flat feet, it is very easy for you to slip and fall. Ensure that you reduce such risks by acquiring some of the best grip found on shoes.
Still on the gripping subject, your terrain will also play an important part in determining things here. If you will be running in snowy areas, among other such slippery platforms, give this subject more attention than any other. Consider things such as the amount of tread incorporated in the construction of the shoes.
- What About Flexibility?
Though the best running shoe for flat feet comes with the maximum possible support, it is always important to understand that in most cases, more support mean more shoe rigidity. This can be uncomfortable. Take a keen interest in some of the technologies that guarantee support without compromising on flexibility. In any case, running shoes are all about flexibility.
Have your shoes been designed and constructed with the capacity to breathe? This is a big consideration that any person should factor in when looking for footwear, especially those that will be used during sporting occasions. You will not want to go for long runs with a pair of shoes that will provide you with no airflow.
Shoes that breathe are capable of keeping your feet cool and dry as they will help wick out moisture as they also allow in the fresh air while taking out the saturated air.
Other than just the discomfort that you can feel, shoes that come with poor ventilation will in most cases lead to foot conditions. This will really lower your morale and ultimately, your performance. Proper breathability gets credit for reducing bacterial related problems that usually results from constant foot sweating.
The baseline is, always keep your feet well ventilated and dry.
- What About Their Sole Construction?
Flat feet require more center support together with maximum possible protection against impact and shock absorption. Minimalistic running shoes will never offer such shock absorption. This, therefore, means that you should consider shoes that come with a decent cushioning while still offering some of the best arch support.
Traditionally, the best protection and shock absorption would be achieved by shoes with big sole masses. This is not the case today. The best shoes for running today feature some modern technologies that ensure they are small in size but still durable enough to offer you the best shock absorption properties for long lasting durable durations. This takes us to the next point, which is durability.
- How Durable Are Your Shoes?
This is not just an issue when looking for the best shoes for flat feet but for any other product. There are two ways of knowing whether the shoes in question are durable or not. Consider the materials and methods of construction. Also, check out other users have to say about the product.
If you are looking for a durable material for an outer sole, opt for tough materials such as high abrasion rubber compound. Prioritize supportive overlays.
Cushioning is very important when it comes to any sports shoes. For flat feet, go for a firm middle arch cushion as this offers stable balance, which ultimately reduces the risks of stumbling while you are on the ride. Shoes that come with additional cushioning in both the heel and the forefront give flat-footed runners a head start.
Criteria To Follow Before You Buy These Flat Feet Shoes For Running
Some final things to think about…
- Know Your Feet
There are a number of ways you can use to know the types of feet you have. The easiest of all is to search online for the images of different feet and make a comparison with yours.
Lastly and more importantly is to consider visiting a podiatrist to get specialized information pertaining what type of feet you have.
- Seek Specialist Advice
Podiatrists recommend shoes to different people and for different purposes. It Find out your foot type and which shoes would best work for your feet. Podiatrists are foot doctors who are capable of recommending the best shoe types and brands depending on the severity of your foot condition. Take advantage of this advice.
- What about Reviews?
Don’t blindly trust the manufacturers. At times they may mislead you. The best people to consult are users who will give you their honest opinions about their experience with the pair of shoes, telling you whether they liked it or not and if it performed in accordance to how it was advertised. Just look for reviews from authentic and reliable sites such as Amazon and you won’t go wrong.
Let your friends, colleagues, partners and relatives give you their opinions in regards to the shoes they have used before. This is only applicable if you happen to know some people with similar conditions with yours.
- Product Comparison
Do not just rush into buying the first product you like. Select a number of shoes and make a comparison to see which of one of them stands out. The best way of making such comparisons is by making a comparison table and start eliminating those products that have fewer features till you remain with the best.
After knowing exactly what you want, it is time to buy. In most cases, and in most places, buying online gives you an easier time than buying from the onsite shops. Choose reputable shops such as Amazon as you are guaranteed that the product in question will not only be delivered but at the right time. The products on Amazon are generally less than prices elsewhere online. Expect to spend at least $100 for the best shoes. Cheaper shoes are also available but don’t expect them to give you reliable results.
Guide On Selecting Running Shoes For Flat Feet
A lot of running shoes claims to be efficient for flat feet. Yet you need to be extremely meticulous when choosing the right running shoes for your condition. Here’s a list of factors you need to look upon.
- Motion Control
You’ll know when your running shoes have motion control feature if it has a hard bump on the arch section of the shoes. Some runner may feel uncomfortable with this one. But it is entirely a necessity when dealing with the flat feet issue. You may need a little time to adjust well on the design of the shoes.
Motion control shoes lock your foot in a certain position while providing a proper support throughout your ride. Aside from bumps, you’ll notice a stiff heel or a designed straightener. This will significantly aid your motion even if you have a flat feet condition.
With motion control, support, and stability, you’ll achieve a good running performance like a natural runner does.
- Stability And Support
Stability and support are the number one feature you need to when choosing suitable shoes for flat feet. Stability is a terminology from the shoe industry which refers to assistance to feet with flat feet and overpronation.
When you’re using shoes with a poor grip, your feet will receive more shocks and stresses. This could further contribute to the pain you might experience. It is good to have running shoes with good grip. Throughout your run, you must not slip off randomly.
There’s no specific amount of tread needed by the outsoles. It all depends upon the surface you are running at. You need to know if the running shoes grip well on dry surfaces, wet surfaces, rough terrains, on trails, etc. A pair of running shoes cannot simply perform well on all surfaces.
If you’re using shoes with poor breathability, you will surely feel uncomfortable throughout your run. Aside from discomfort, you’ll experience severe sweating and overheat on your feet. Worst, odor-causing microorganism will develop within your shoes. You may not want to end with tired, exhausted, and smelly feet after you run.
You need to look for running shoes with proper breathability. It must have a proper moisture wicking system. You’ll know when you are using breathable shoes if you feel cool and dry throughout your running activity.
- Good Amount Of Soles
A poor grip is not the only reason why your feet receives painful shocks and stresses. If your shoes have insufficient soles, your feet will also have an insufficient protection from landing impacts.
Good amount of soles does not always produce big bulky shoes. Thanks to the advancement of shoe technology. It is possible to incorporate a good amount of soles while maintaining a lightweight feature.
So if you are looking for running shoes, it must have the right balance of cushioning, shock absorption, support, and lightness.
It is extremely saddening if you have found the right running shoes for your flat feet condition yet it is less durable than the standard shoes. Durability might not be an issue if you are willing to spend a lot of money just to support your shoes. However, it is still best if you have found the right shoes with a good durability.
Durability depends on the materials of construction used. It is preferable if the running shoes use materials with high resistance from abrasions. Also, proper design and proper overlays will optimize the durability of the shoes.
Your running shoes must have a right mix of support and flexibility. You might not want to feel like your feet cannot move. The shoes must be flexible enough to allow your feet to function naturally.
To sum up, the process of choosing the good shoes for flat feet is not that challenging. Just understand the morphology of your feet and how the condition can be helped by shoes, and you will be able to know exactly what you should be looking for on the market. All in all, just like in the buying of any other product, take your time and focus on getting the very best running shoes for flat feet. Feel free to get in touch if you have any comments or feedback. We are always happy to help.