Running is a great activity for general health. You can raise your heart rate and get a superb bootst of cardio. You don’t need much by the way of equipment for running but you certainly need a good pair of running shoes. Before choosing a pair of shoes, though, you must first understand the types of feet you have. This is because if you don’t get the perfect shoe types for your feet, you may find the running not as easy as it should have been.
This article is dedicated to helping people to get the best shoes for flat feet.
Top 10 Best Shoes For Flat Feet Reviewed 2017
1. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 15 Shoe
The GTS 15 is a smooth, lightweight running shoe and quite simply one of the best running shoes for women with flat feet. The design has recently been updated to ensure better comfort and stability. They still have the same responsiveness and cushioning of the Adrenaline GTS line. You can enjoy maximum support every step of the way with these awesome shoes.
Benefits and Features of the Pair of Shoe
- Smooth Transitioning: Caterpillar Crash pad allows for smoother and easier heel-to-toe transitions. This is made possible through full ground contact
- Flexibility: Natural movement is enhanced by the Omega Flex Grooves that offer maximum flexibility and optimum fluidity. As a result, you won’t even feel as if you have worn shoes
- Optimum Support: This is the main reason for the updating and release of these shoes on to the market. They offer maximum support for any flat-footed runner. This is due to the adjustable saddle design that has been incorporated into the shoe’s construction
- Breathability and Hygiene: It comes with an upper mesh construction and breathable element lining that allows maximum air circulation and moisture wicking thus keeping the feet drier, cooler and healthy
- It is a bit tighter than its predecessor
For any woman who is a flat-footed runner, the GTS 15 would make a smart choice. The stability and comfort together with the responsiveness and cushioning make it not just a great running accessory but also the best walking shoes for women with flat feet.
2. New Balance Leadville 1210
The New Balance Leadville 1210 are extremely comfortable pair of shoes for a wide range of feet including flat feet. The incredible amount of cushioning is perfect for anyone with flat feet. The main selling point of this brand is the Revlite foam that is placed under the foot-bed. This is a very lightweight cushioning material that delivers comfort, responsiveness, and durability.
Benefits and Special Features of the Shoes
- Cushioning and Comfort: The shoes feature a large amount of durable Revlite cushioning for maximum comfort and staying power
- Proper fit and Arch Support” They come with non-intrusive medial posts that feature dual density foam. This helps in preventing your arch from collapsing when you are running
- Maximum Protection: Features a seamless upper that offers great protection, provides additional support and prevents irritation
- Quality Construction: They are highly durable with a wide toe box and offer solid long lasting cushioning for support and comfort
- They may be a little bit too roomy for some people
- You have been looking for the best pair of shoes for your flat feet. You are an athletic or sports enthusiast who needs maximum support and comfort on your feet to boost your running spirits and reduce your risks of injury and blisters. Why look further than the New Balance Leadville 1210. This is the ultimate solution to your flat feet issue
3. Saucony Women’s Guide 7 Running Shoe
This is yet another high-quality pair of shoe for running or walking. Stability is its main selling point. These are often grouped among the best running shoes for women with flat feet.
Benefits and Features of the Shoes
- Advanced Cushioning System: It comes with PowerGrid full-length cushioning that provides you with optimal comfort, support, protection and shock absorption
- Foot Health and Hygiene:With a HydraMAX moisture-wicking system in the shoe’s collar, maximum comfort is guaranteed both when putting on and removing the shoes with no nasty smells
- Shock Absorption: It features an XT-900 carbon rubber outsole, a Dual-density midsole, a ComfortLite sock liner and an SRC impact zone, all of which work together to absorb shock and maximize your comfort
- Performance:This pair of shoes offers the best performance for flat-footed people. As well as running and walking, these could even become the best work shoes for flat feet.
- At first, the heel can seem narrow
- Flat feet require maximum support and that is why this shoe proves to be one of the best for the flat-footed women. In fact, it has specifically been designed for this class of people. This shoe would make a valuable addition to your shoe rack.
4. ASICS Men’s GEL-Kayano 22 Running Shoe
This is a revolutionized ASICS series that has set a benchmark in the shoes for running category. The product features a new FluidRide system which increases shock absorption and cushioning by 20% while reducing the weight by 15%. It also features the legendary ASICS cushioning system that offers the ultimate comfort together with another fascinating technology, the Impact Guidance System. These are among the best shoes for flat feet.
Benefits and Features of the Shoes
- Perfect Shock Absorption: Numerous shock absorption features leading to maximum comfort whatever the conditions
- Optimum Cushioning: Superb cushioning with forefoot & Rearfoot GEL cushioning. This eases the impact on your feet
- Natural Ride: It comes with an Impact Guidance System which is a complex feature that enhances the natural transitioning from heel strike all the way to the toe-off resulting in a more stable path
- Quality Construction: The pair of are finely constructed. The upper is virtually seamless but strong enough to offer you maximum stability and support
- These shoes can make an irritating slap sound when the sole hits the asphalt
- It comes with rather a narrow toe
- This is yet another ideal choice of footwear for people with flat feet. ASICS provide maximum support and optimum stability. The product comes with a dual-density midsole for optimum performance. In a nutshell, this pair of shoes gives you stable and supportive running.
5. Adidas Performance Women’s Ultra Boost Running Shoe
These are the best shoes for flat-feeted women who have neutral to under pronation. Though a rare occurrence for runners with flat feet to have neutral or under pronation, it is important to consider even small market segments and Adidas does just that. They come in almost any color and are a wonderful package of elegance and performance.
Benefits and Special Features
- Taste and Elegance: This pair of shoes comes in a wide range of colors
- Boost Cushioning: The main USP is the cushioning. Boost energy-returning properties guarantee comfort and support whether you are walking, running or playing
- Lightweight Construction: Comes with an STRECHWEB rubber outsole that’s elastic and very lightweight
- Best Flat Feet Performance: Comes with a TORSION system that boosts the midfoot integrity. This is a 3-striped mold torsion system that features a heel counter to offer optimum heel lug and heel counter
- Very expensive
- They are quite too mushy to some people thus making their feet roll around
- These are women’s running shoes that offer comfort and support for neutral flat feet female runners. The incredible energy-returning cushioning system used in the construction, the breathability, flexibility and supportive fit all come together to offer you one of the best walking shoes for flat feet women.
6. ASICS GEL-Foundation 12 Running Shoe
This pair are available for men and women offering a support base for the feet of flat feet runners. This is a tried and tested running shoe with great support on even difficult terrain. For flat feeted runners, ASICS are always a wise choice of footwear.
Benefits and Special Features
- Maximum Comfort:Comes with the ComforDry wicking sock liner that complements the forefoot & Rearfoot GEL cushioning for supreme comfort
- Best Performance for Overpronators: The shoes have been designed with moderate to severe overpronators in mind
- Sleeker Construction: Sleek, seamless construction with less overlay material preventing blistering and irritation in the feet
- Maximum Support and Versatility: The shoes itself already offer great support but the fact that it is versatile enough to accommodate orthotics means that they are even more versatile
- Flexibility and Responsiveness: It comes with a durable guidance line flex outsole that ensures flexibility and responsiveness when on the move
- The mesh is a bit flimsy and doesn’t offer maximum ventilation
7. Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 11 Running Shoe
The Men’s Wave Inspire 11 are a fine pair of lightweight sports shoes. They’ll give you maximum support and are extremely comfortable. Mizuno have a long heritage of producing great shoes for sports.
Special Features and Benefits of the Shoes
- Lightweight Construction: Its lightweight midsole boosts performance
- Absolute Comfort: Comes with great shock absorption and comfort technologies such as the enhanced sock liner
- Proper Fit and Construction: Designed with an internal straps system that hugs the feet securely
- Vegan Construction: Features a 3D upper design and a synthetic sole for those who avoid leather products
- Laces too short and too thick
- Comes with an irritating label sticker
- The rich heritage associated with Mizuno is in itself reason enough to trust this brand. Since 1906 Mizuno has been going strong. With the Wave Inspire 11 for men, Mizuno continues to deliver.
8. New Balance Men’s M860sb4
In the New Balance M860sb4, you get stability, cushioning and shock absorption all working together to give you a great experience. These are among the best running shoes and also the best basketball shoes for flat feet. They’re versatile. They have excellent breathability features and some of the best technologies incorporated to ensure maximum comfort, support, and responsiveness without sacrificing on weight.
Benefits and Special Features of the Shoes
- Maximum Comfort: These shoes have been designed with an ACTEVA LITE midsole which offers maximum comfort while also making the pair of shoes as lightweight as possible
- Great Support: The extra cushioning results in the best performance for flat feet types offering the torsion stability and support needed
- Responsiveness: They have a special T-Beam engineered construction and ABZORB crash pad that allows for enhanced motion control together with heel stability
- Durability: All the materials are built to last and you’ll get awesome traction on all surfaces
- Not for the wide footed
- Limited color choices
- The New Balance 860v4 is yet another great pair of shoes we would recommend to any athlete with flat feet. If you want shoes that will deliver crucial torsion stability when you are on the move, along with first-rate cushioning, check out these great sneakers.
9. Mizuno Wave Paradox 2
The Mizuno Wave Paradox offers you the best cushioning and support possible and they are perfect for overpronators. There is a very responsive Wave band, extending all the way from heel to the midfoot. This is then capped off with the great shock absorbing U4iC technology. And the shoe’s aesthetics are superb.
Benefits and Special Features of the Shoes
- Absolute Cushioning and Support: This pair of shoes comes with some internal stability features solving overlay issues and giving maximum support for flat feet
- Aesthetics: As well as being the best tennis shoes for flat feet, these look great too
- Comfort: They have a padded collar & tongue, enhanced cushioning, and a soft breathable upper mesh. Combined with a rubber sole, these shoes put comfort at a premium
- Quality Construction: These Mizuno are built to last
- A bit expensive
- Under size issues
- These are shoes designed for runners, tennis players and for brisk walking. They are supportive, lightweight and make for a great running experience.
10. Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 15 Running Shoe, Black / Anthracite
These Brooks are principally designed for the flat-footed overpronators. These sneakers come with a unique Progressive Diagonal Rollbar that is meant to keep your foot from rolling inwards. With a BioMoGo DNA midsole, you’ll get an environmentally friendly comfort.
Benefits and Special Features
- Secure Fit and Performance: The Progressive Diagonal Rollbar keeps your feet from rolling inward so prevents the chance of injury when you are running
- Transition and Responsiveness: The Extended Caterpillar Crash Pad gives great heel-to-toe transition. The Omega Flex Groves allow for natural fluidity and movement of the forefoot
- Durability: The outsole is constructed from HPR Plus that offers long-lasting durability in even difficult terrain
- Maximum Support: The adjustable saddle design complements its stability
- Quality Construction: Comes with some element linings that offer breathability and enhances moisture wicking thus keeping your shoes fresh and long lasting and also keeping your feet drier and cooler
- Its toe box is a little too narrow
- You can buy any of these shoes for flat feet with confidence.Focus on your specific needs and get the best fit.
Factors of Consideration when Choosing the Best Shoes for Flat Feet
Think carefully before you get your shoes so you don’t get something unfit for purpose. These are some important considerations to think about…
Understanding the Dynamics of your Flat Feet
There are instances when flat foot runners suffer from other foot related issues as well. One of such issues is overpronation. This implies that the feet may tend to roll inwards way too much as the user runs or walks. As a result, you will need a lot of support and advanced shoe technologies that will help in the reduction of such occurrences. As you look for the best shoes for your flat feet, you must, therefore, understand whether your feet have overpronation, moderate pronation, minimum pronation or no pronation at all. This can really guide you to make the best decisions as most of the shoes fall clearly under such categories.
Do the Shoes Offer the Right Support & Stability for Flat Feet?
These are among the most important factors that govern the performance of running shoes for flat feet. A person with flat feet will not be as stable unless they get the best possible support for their feet. In fact, if you have flat feet, the most important factor you should consider is the support that a pair of shoes in question offers. No wonder, stability is an industry standard term used in the categorization of running shoes that are designed to help solve overpronation issues.
Shoes that are characterized by stability will always come with dense foam incorporated underneath the arch. If you have an arch that has the potential of collapsing while you are on the move, go for shoes that have polyurethane materials incorporated in the arch. This creates more support and stability. Such shoes are also credited for having the potential of limiting the excess motion resulting from the feet thereby helping the runners with flat feet to move with the highest degree of efficiency. It is important to mention that stability shoes are usually less bulky than motion-control shoes. And what are motion control shoes anyway?
These are shoes that come with a bump that is constructed using a hard material. This bump is placed on where your arch is meant to be. These shoes are almost the same as stability shoes as they borrow construction principles from each other. Special construction care is placed on the upper unit together with the sole unit. This is opposed to the stability shoes, which only gives the sole maximum stability care and attention. The control shoes end up providing the user with support features, such as a straightener function or the stiff heels, thus countering any instances of overpronation. If you suffer from overpronation, motion control is a must-have consideration.
What about their Grip?
The best pair of running shoes will definitely offer you a good grip while you are on the road. You already have a problem that is a concern to you and you therefore not want to add other grip concerns to your already flat feet concerns. Due to the instability that comes with flat feet, it is very easy for you to slip and fall. Ensure that you reduce such risks by acquiring some of the best grip found on shoes.
Still on the gripping subject, your terrain will also play an important part in determining things here. If you will be running in snowy areas, among other such slippery platforms, give this subject more attention than any other. Consider things such as the amount of tread incorporated in the construction of the shoes.
What about Flexibility
Though the best running shoes for flat feet come with the maximum possible support, it is always important to understand that in most cases, more support mean more shoe rigidity. This can be uncomfortable. Take a keen interest in some of the technologies that guarantee support without compromising on flexibility. In any case, running shoes are all about flexibility.
Have your shoes been designed and constructed with the capacity to breathe? This is a big consideration that any person should factor in when looking for footwear, especially those that will be used during sporting occasions. You will not want to go for long runs with a pair of shoes that will provide you with no airflow.
Shoes that breathe are capable of keeping your feet cool and dry as they will help wick out moisture as they also allow in the fresh air while taking out the saturated air.
Other than just the discomfort that you can feel, shoes that come with poor ventilation will in most cases lead to foot conditions. This will really lower your morale and ultimately, your performance. Proper breathability gets credit for reducing bacterial related problems that usually results from constant foot sweating.
The baseline is, always keep your feet well ventilated and dry.
What about their Sole Construction?
Flat feet require more center support together with maximum possible protection against impact and shock absorption. Minimalistic running shoes will never offer such shock absorption. This, therefore, means that you should consider shoes that come with a decent cushioning while still offering some of the best arch support.
Traditionally, the best protection and shock absorption would be achieved by shoes with big sole masses. This is not the case today. The best shoes for running today feature some modern technologies that ensure they are small in size but still durable enough to offer you the best shock absorption properties for long lasting durable durations. This takes us to the next point, which is durability.
How Durable Are your Shoes?
This is not just an issue when looking for the best shoes for flat feet but for any other product. There are two ways of knowing whether the shoes in question are durable or not. Consider the materials and methods of construction. Also, check out other users have to say about the product.
If you are looking for a durable material for an outer sole, opt for tough materials such as high abrasion rubber compound. Prioritize supportive overlays.
Cushioning is very important when it comes to any sports shoes. For flat feet, go for a firm middle arch cushion as this offers stable balance, which ultimately reduces the risks of stumbling while you are on the ride. Shoes that come with additional cushioning in both the heel and the forefront give flat-footed runners a head start.
Criteria to Follow Before You Buy These Shoes
Some final things to think about…
Know Your Feet
There are a number of ways you can use to know the types of feet you have. The easiest of all is to search online for the images of different feet and make a comparison with yours.
Lastly and more importantly is to consider visiting a podiatrist to get specialized information pertaining what type of feet you have.
Seek Specialist Advice
Podiatrists recommend shoes to different people and for different purposes. It Find out your foot type and which shoes would best work for your feet. Podiatrists are foot doctors who are capable of recommending the best shoe types and brands depending on the severity of your foot condition. Take advantage of this advice.
What about Reviews
Don’t blindly trust the manufacturers. At times they may mislead you. The best people to consult are users who will give you their honest opinions about their experience with the pair of shoes, telling you whether they liked it or not and if it performed in accordance to how it was advertised. Just look for reviews from authentic and reliable sites such as Amazon and you won’t go wrong.
Let your friends, colleagues, partners and relatives give you their opinions in regards to the shoes they have used before. This is only applicable if you happen to know some people with similar conditions with yours.
Do not just rush into buying the first product you like. Select a number of shoes and make a comparison to see which of one of them stands out. The best way of making such comparisons is by making a comparison table and start eliminating those products that have fewer features till you remain with the best.
After knowing exactly what you want, it is time to buy. In most cases, and in most places, buying online gives you an easier time than buying from the onsite shops. Choose reputable shops such as Amazon as you are guaranteed that the product in question will not only be delivered but at the right time. The products on Amazon are generally less than prices elsewhere online. Expect to spend at least $100 for the best shoes. Cheaper shoes are also available but don’t expect them to give you reliable results.
To sum up, the process of choosing the best work shoes for flat feet, running shoes, walking shoes or playing shoes isn’t a tall order. Understand the morphology of your feet and how the condition can be helped by shoes, and you will be able to know exactly what you should be looking for on the market. All in all, just like in the buying of any other product, take your time and focus on getting the very best shoes for your flat feet. Feel free to get in touch if you have any comments or feedback. We are always happy to help.